Japanese PSE certification mainly aims at products and certification methods:
1. Scope of certification for category A PSE specific electrical appliances (116 items)
Wires and cables, fuses, wiring appliances (electrical accessories, lighting appliances, etc.), current limiters, transformers, ballasts
Electric heating appliances, electric power application mechanical appliances (household appliances), electronic application mechanical appliances (high frequency epilator)
Other AC electrical machinery appliances (electrical insecticides, DC power supply devices), portable engines
2. Category B Japanese non-specific electrical PSE certification scope (340 items)
Such as electric irons, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, microwave ovens, TV receivers, etc.
Japan’s circular PSE mark certified products, any products that are included in the “non-specific electrical appliances” catalogue entering the Japanese market must be tested by a laboratory accredited by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan to confirm that they meet the Japanese electrical appliances technical standards and obtain a qualified test report PSE certificate, the PSE circular logo can be affixed to the product, and the product can be sold in the Japanese market.
1. What is pse certification?
PSE certification is a Japanese product safety mark. Japan’s DENTORL Law (Electrical Device and Material Control Law) stipulates that 498 products must pass safety certification to enter the Japanese market.
What are the Japanese PSE certification test items?
(Take the battery as an example) capacity test, vibration test, cycle life, drop test, overcharge and overdischarge, voltage, short circuit test, etc.
1. PSE certification application process:
How does the Japanese PSE do it in China?
1. PSE certification application
2. Factory inspection questionnaire (when applying for specific electrical appliances)
3. A copy of the business license of the applicant, manufacturer, and production plant
4. Product manual
5. Explanation of the differences between products of various models in the same application unit
6. List of key components or main raw materials
7. Product size drawing, assembly drawing and size drawing of each part
8. Authorization certificate issued by the manufacturer (when applicable)
9. Other required documents
2. How much is the PSE certification fee?
1. PSE circular domestic third-party laboratories can test and issue certificates, and the cost is 3,000 yuan or so;
2. After the PSE diamond is tested by a third-party laboratory, it will be reviewed and issued by a Japanese institution. The cost is more than 10,000 to 40,000. The exact price should be confirmed according to the product. The prismatic shape requires factory inspection, and the round shape does not need to be consulted!
3. Other matters needing attention in PSE certification
When exporting electronic equipment to Japan, a local importer or "notified supplier" is required.
Notifying the supplier shall be responsible for:
Submit the opening report.
Confirm that the product complies with DENAN or IEC standards.
Affix the PSE logo (if applicable).
Submit product inspection records to METI as required.
The manufacturer shall be responsible for:
Implement product inspections.
Maintain testing equipment.
Keep product inspection records for a period of 3 years, etc.
More PSE certification supplements:
Japan PSE certification application qualification and processing process
What materials (checklist) need to be submitted to apply for PSE certification?
Which products need PSE certification
How long is the validity period of the Japanese PSE certificate?
Japan lithium battery pse certification standard
Japan PSE adds J62368-1(H30) standard
Why Choose Us?
HTW Lab, accredited by CNAS, CMA, CNCA & A2LA, consistently operates competently and generates accurate and valid results in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025. We are also IECEE CB Scheme Test Laboratory (CBTL). Thus, testing reports from HTW Lab can be accepted between countries.
Your Benefits At A Glance:
1.20 Years Of Experience
HTW has extensive experience in all types of devices and regulatory requirements across markets.
2.Provide Free Modification Service Program
Together with our wealth of knowledge in complex regulations globally, HTW provides a complete suite of testing solutions according to your needs including free Modification service.
3.Save time to global markets
With over 7,000 square meters of labs, HTW offers the best testing cycles and you don't have to wait in line, HTW offers 1-on-1 service.With our in-depth insight of global product quality and regulatory requirements, HTW can optimize your costs and minimize your time to market.
ISO/IEC 17025 lab, accreditated by CNAS, CMA,A2LA,GLP.
located in China ,Testing costs are lower than other labs.
We're Here for You
We're based in China but regularly work with clients globally. We will get back to you in 1 working day.
Our Business Hours:
8.30am - 5.00pm in CST (UTC/GMT+08:00) Monday - Friday
Looking forward to receiving your email !