India WPC Type Approval
WPC Type Approval: ETA Certification
Products with radio and/or wireless functionalities which are imported or manufactured and marketed in India must have an equipment type approval (ETA) certificate from the Wireless Planning and Coordination (WPC) wing of the Ministry of Communications of the government of India.This includes products with Bluetooth, wireless local area network access technology (Wi Fi), small digital radios (Zigbee), and radio frequency identification (RFID) among others.
We assist in testing such products as per the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI, Europe) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC, US) standards. Our authorized agents connect applicants with local representative support and assist them in obtaining ETA certification. We support you in completing the required documentation for filing an application at the WPC.
HTW Testing and Certification Solutions.
It is an institution that regulates wireless regulations in India. All wireless products must obtain WPC approval before entering the market. The wireless certification of wireless products in India can be divided into two modes: ETA (Equipment Type of Approval) certification and License license. The judgment basis is derived from the working frequency band used by the equipment. For free and open frequency bands, you need to apply for ETA certification; if the device uses other non-free and open frequency bands, such as GSM, WCDMA mobile phones, etc., you need to apply for a license.
1. Get the bottom line of predictions on the mainland;
2. Look for consulting service agencies of the Indian authorities, or send them for testing by customers in India;
3. Appoint a local representative to support the company's products in India;
4. Submit the information to the Indian authorities and fill in the certification service application form and other relevant information;
5. Choose one laboratory for mobile phone testing, one for battery testing, and one for charger testing. (Must be a local laboratory in India authorized by the National Telecommunications Authority of India) The test is completed. The laboratory submits the test report to the National Telecommunications Authority of India, and the National Telecommunications Authority of India will issue a certificate of conformity;
6. Prepare barcode labels: prepare product barcode labels according to the regulations of the telecommunications bureau, which can be operated online;
7. Prepare photos of the inside and outside of the prototype, and prepare photos with labels;
8. Provide translated user manuals, manuals must be specified in the battery and charger model models.
1. Section B & Section C of the application form received and transmitted information
2. Letter of authorization (the manufacturer declares to WPC that it is authorized to the local agent to perform the application for WPC)
3. Declaration letter (the manufacturer declares to WPC that the frequency band used by its products is within the scope of WPC control, and the 2.4G/5G output power meets the legal requirements)
4. RF test report (the test report must display the terminal product model) and the qualification certificate of the reporting organization;
5. Wireless specification, English version